Photographer Profile

My name is Melissa Howell and I specialize in custom portrait design for your home. You can visit my official photography website at http://www.blueprintsphotography.com/ to view more of my work and to contact me to set up a consultation.

Friday, October 7, 2011

What's Wrong--3 Discussion

This is one of the first pictures I took when I was just starting out and trying to figure out what I was doing. I had hung some white muslin in front of my sliding glass door and set my daughter in front of it. The light was diffused, but flat, and there wasn't enough to turn the backdrop white. (Actually, you really need artificial lights to get a truly white backdrop). I had no idea about the rule of thirds, so her head is too high, she wasn't looking into the camera and there is no light in her eyes. This is a total "blah" picture.

No comments: