Photographer Profile

My name is Melissa Howell and I specialize in custom portrait design for your home. You can visit my official photography website at http://www.blueprintsphotography.com/ to view more of my work and to contact me to set up a consultation.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thai Chicken Satay

I don't know what I ever did before I knew how to make this. My life was incomplete and I didn't even know it! This is an amazingly delicious combination of chicken, vegetables, peanut butter, honey and ginger. Are you salivating yet? You should be. Even my kids love this (well, all the ones who aren't allergic to it). Make this for dinner tonight and you will be a star!

Stir Fry
2 cups chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
3 tsp. garlic or 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed (can use less if desired)
1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
6 green onions cut at an angle in 2-inch pieces
1 cup shredded carrots


Sauce
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
6 Tbsp soy sauce
6 Tbsp honey
1 tsp ginger (I like to use fresh ginger if I have it)
1 tsp garlic (or one clove, minced or pressed)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (I used red pepper flakes)

Instructions
For stir fry, heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. of oil if desired. Cook vegetables, garlic and onion until tender-crisp. Remove from pan and add chicken. Stir fry until cooked through. Add the vegetables back with the chicken just before pouring on the sauce. For sauce, heat in a separate pan over low heat until combined. Pour over stir fry just before serving. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I made this last night. I thought it was very good. Dad liked it and Timothy LOVED it. He loves peanut sauce. So thanks for the recipe.